mardi 22 mai 2007

Cooking

Cooking for me has been like being hit with a 3-shot in PTANKS...cook, do the dishes, then eat what you cooked! It`s tough to decide which shot hits the hardest.

Pro-Paris fact 6

You don`t really have to cook much; everything from rice, vegetables, dal to noodles is available in pre-boiled form. So all you have to do is to add a 'tadka' as per your taste.

Anti-Paris fact 4

Everything is pretty expensive. And the labels are tough to interpret...so beware.

My meals usually consist of various permutations of rice, lentils, bread, eggs, milk and kellog`s. And yes, pasta!

Lesson`s learnt 2

You can use the frying pan for anything you want, but never use any other vessel for frying.

Learnt this the hard way after coating a vessel with carburized starch while cooking pasta for myself. Ate the pasta anyway coz I didn`t feel like throwing 3 euros in the sink... that`s another lesson I guess.

Lesson learnt 3

Do not use the microwave as a bread warmer. It turns them into really tasteless biscuits.

Learnt this the same way as many other lessons, put a bunch of bread slices in the microwave to heat them a little, ended up turning them into tasteless brown biscuit like things (closer to RUSKS perhaps?) that were completely inedible.

I am currently hopeful that my cooking will improve iteratively, though the scrambled eggs I made this morning do not really support this hypothesis.

Lesson learnt 4

Sprinkling salt on scrambled eggs after they ve been cooked doesn`t really help.

Aucun commentaire: